I built this into a .40 S&W with an 8" "match" barrel, and it's a good set. I used a standard LPK and everything fit as expected. I used a Kaw Valley BCG, 10 Oz buffer and heavy spring, and everything works well, although that combo has proven to be a little too heavy to get the BCG back far enough to activate the LRBHO, so I'm still fine tuning this setup. But the upper and lower themselves are good to go and look nice together.
BR-9 Billet Lower Receiver - BLEM
Other Specifications and Features of the BR-9 Stripped 9mm Lower Receiver
- Available in 6 color ano options: Hard Natural (Honey Badger), Gray, Green, Blue, Red, and Orange
- *There may be slight color variations between lowers due to nature of material*
- Also available in Black Ano and RAW
- Machined from 7075-T6 aircraft grade billet aluminum
- Precision machined magazine well with beveled feed lip for easy mag swaps
- Machined to be compatible with 45 and 60 degree short throw fire control selectors such as the BAD_ASS ST 45 Lever
- Caliber marking of "Multi" so it can be used with different pistol caliber uppers
- Compatible with most standard AR-15 components and most aftermarket parts
- Take down pin spring and detent hole is threaded for a 6-32 set screw for easy capturing (hardware included)
- Upper tension screw behind grip screw (threaded hole with hardware included) to adjust any “slop” out of vertical fit between upper and lower
- Threaded bolt catch pin (Threaded hole and hardware)
- Integrated large opening "winter" trigger guard
- Proprietary aluminum magazine catch assembly and ejector is included
- Manufactured to MILSPEC (where applicable) on state of the art CNC equipment for consistent quality parts and exacting tolerances
BLEM designation based on cosmetic issues that may include dings, dents, scratches, or issues with anodizing. Lowers are still 100% functional, all sales are final.
**NOTE – Please read the FAQ below regarding adjustment of your ejector before use and ensure you re-assemble with Loctite or similar thread locker to prevent screws from backing out over time.
The New Frontier Armory BR-9 Stripped Billet 9mm lower receiver is proudly MADE IN THE USA by hard working American men and women.
This contains a serialized item considered to be a firearm by BATFE. This item must be shipped to a Federal Firearm License (FFL) holder. All BATFE, GCA & NFA rules apply!
You will be prompted during checkout to pick an FFL to ship to in your area using our FFL Locate tool.YOU will be responsible for checking with your local FFL to ensure this weapon is legal in the state that you reside and that they will accept this weapon on your behalf and transfer it to you.
New Frontier Armory, LLC will NOT be responsible for any shipping or admin charges incurred by packages not being accepted by the FFL you choose during checkout.
|Dimensions:||8.00 x 4.00 x 2.00 in|
I got one set of this the honey badger..this strip lower and upper looks great on my new build w/ the combination of Taccom super feed 10/16 barrel,extreme lightweight silver hand guard,Taccom ar9 bolt carrier group and a 3 stage buffer system.
Got this set on sale for the Labor Day special. (Hard Natural). Fit and finish are great. There were several customers at my FFL that got all googly eyed over it. Just wish I had bought more than one.
I have to start by saying I love the look of these sets, I have the grey one, and it's a very cool color. I also like the snek theme. Unfortunately the fit and machining are not so great. there is a lot of slop between the upper and lower. While this can be kinda mitigated with the screw thing, it's sort of meh solution imo. Things that were tapped with threads were also pretty poor. Like the buffer tube threads, the grip threads, and ironically the screw that's made to take up the slop between the upper and lower. The buffer tube wobbles around quite a bit until you crank the castle nut down. The threads for the grip screw looked like they had all been mashed, like if you ran a nail through the hole. All in all it's not bad, I got it super cheap on the labor day sale, and it's just something for recreational fun, so I can't complain too much.