SNEK-9 Billet Lower Receiver with PC LRBHO Billet Upper
Manufacturer: New Frontier Armory
Model: SNEK-9 Set
Type: Glock mag 9mm billet lower receiver with PC LRBHO upper receiver
Caliber: Multi (will accept any 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, and other small frame caliber upper receiver)
Magazine: Accepts any Glock style small frame pistol caliber magazines in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, and other calibers
Weight: Lower – 12.8oz Upper – 8.8oz
Other Specifications and Features of the SNEK-9 Stripped 9mm Lower Receiver/Upper set:
Limited Edition Design! Get them before they’re gone forever!!
- Available in 3 color ano options: Hard Natural (Honey Badger), Grey and Brown
- *There may be slight color variations between components due to nature of material*
- Machined from 7075-T6 aircraft grade billet aluminum
- Precision machined magazine well with beveled feed lip for easy mag swaps
- Machined to be compatible with 45 and 60 degree short throw fire control selectors such as the BAD_ASS ST 45 Lever
- Caliber marking of “Multi” so it can be used with different pistol caliber uppers
- Compatible with most standard AR-15 components and most aftermarket parts
- Take down pin spring and detent hole is threaded for a 6-32 set screw for easy capturing (hardware included)
- Upper tension screw behind grip screw (threaded hole with hardware included) to adjust any “slop” out of vertical fit between upper and lower
- Threaded bolt catch pin (Threaded hole and hardware)
- Integrated large opening “winter” trigger guard
- Proprietary aluminum magazine catch assembly and ejector is included and installed at the factory
- Manufactured to MILSPEC (where applicable) on state of the art CNC equipment for consistent quality parts and exacting tolerances
- Contains integrated Last Round Bolt Hold Open (LRBHO) technology (PATENT PENDING) that reliably holds the bolt open when magazine is empty
- **NOTE — This upper is not machined for a gas tube as it is intended for blowback gas systems only
- *Due to the force exerted on the BCG with a blow back system, there is a high likely hood of breaking the bolt catch when activated by the LRBHO feature. New Frontier Armory is not responsible for sending replacements as this is not a warranty issue.
**NOTE – Please read the FAQ below regarding adjustment of your ejector before use and ensure you re-assemble with Loctite or similar thread locker to prevent screws from backing out over time.
AR-9 specific LPK is available by CLICKING HERE
QUESTION: Do I need to adjust my ejector?
ANSWER: Yes, before firing your new pistol caliber lower we suggest you adjust your ejector. Loosen the two screws holding the ejector in to where it becomes a semi-tight friction fit. Ensure the ejector is seated all the way to the rear and all the way down in the pocket. Close your upper onto the lower with the bolt all the way forward. SLOWLY cycle the bolt in and out about 1/4 of the way back a few times then let the bolt close all the way and tighten the ejector screws. They are cupped to get a good grab on the SS ejector, so only hand tight or you risk the chance of bending the ejector over. Any slight rubbing at this point will wear in the ejector after a few magazines are cycled through the gun. If you see excessive rubbing you can also file down the top corner on the left side of the ejector (shooters left). At this point you should remove one screw at a time without disturbing the ejector location and add locktite to the screws and tighten them back down. This will ensure the screws will not back out over time.
QUESTION: What type of magazines will fit in this lower?
ANSWER: The lower was designed to fit and drop free factory Glock small frame pistol magazines. It has also been thoroughly tested with Magpul GL17 9mm pistol magazines to fit and drop free. Although it accepts and shoots other aftermarket magazines (Promag, KCI, Kahn, etc) some slight modification may be needed to get them to drop free from this lower because of the varying width measurement we have seen when checking these magazines to Glock factory specifications.
QUESTION: Do you offer a reliable last round / empty magazine bolt hold open (LRBHO) System for this lower?
ANSWER: YES — After watching several companies try and fail to incorporate a RELIABLE last round bolt hold open (LRBHO) system into their lower receivers we decided to take a different approach and will be incorporating our LRBHO technology (PATENT PENDING) in our matching upper receivers. After rigorous testing and hundreds of hours of research and development we feel that this is the best option for LRBHO on a Glock magazine AR style firearm. Our upper will be compatible with other manufacturers lower receiver that either don’t have a LRBHO or you can scrap the non-working LRBHO out of your existing AR-9 Glock Mag lower and solve the issue of not having a 100% functioning LRBHO. For more information on the matching AR-9 Upper, please CLICK HERE.
QUESTION: What bolt carrier group will work with a Glock magazine fed AR-9?
ANSWER: You will need an AR-9 Bolt Carrier Group that has relief cuts to clear the Glock style magazines. The AR-9 BCG that we sell (CLICK HERE for AR-9 BCG) will work in both Glock style AR-9s as well as traditional Colt style AR-9s. We can also modify your Colt style AR-9 BCG for you to work properly with both systems. CLICK HERE for more details on that service.
QUESTION: What LPK will work with this lower?
ANSWER: Although we sell a specific LPK with just the parts needed to build the C-9 lower receiver HERE, any standard AR-15 LPK will work. You will not need the magazine catch assembly, bolt catch roll pin, or trigger guard that are normally included with standard LPKs.
QUESTION: Do I need to use a special buffer when I build my AR-9?
ANSWER: Although its not technically required, it is advised that you either use a 9mm buffer (longer and heavier than carbine) or a spacer in your buffer tube before you place your spring in. The reason for this is to limit the BCG travel to the rear so it doesn’t come back forward and smash the bolt catch hard enough to break it. The 9mm BCG is shorter than a standard BCG. You can use a carbine buffer with a spacer (WHICH YOU CAN PURCHASE BY CLICKING HERE).
The New Frontier Armory SNEK-9 Stripped Billet 9mm lower/upper receiver set is proudly MADE IN THE USA by hard working American men and women.
This contains a serialized item considered to be a firearm by BATFE. This item must be shipped to a Federal Firearm License (FFL) holder. All BATFE, GCA & NFA rules apply! This item must be shipped to a Federal Firearm License (FFL) holder. You will be prompted during checkout to pick an FFL to ship to in your area using our FFL Locate tool. YOU will be responsible for checking with your local FFL to ensure this weapon is legal in the state that you reside and that they will accept this weapon on your behalf and transfer it to you. New Frontier Armory, LLC will NOT be responsible for any shipping or admin charges incurred by packages not being accepted by the FFL you choose during checkout.